We are looking for someone who is:
- A Christian that is growing in faith
- Degreed in accounting or finance, with at least three years of experience in Church or Christian "faith-based" non-profit accounting
- Known to have a very high degree of personal and professional integrity and character
- Exceptionally organized and efficient with personal time management
- Known for having excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Naturally self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as able to succeed in a collaborative team environment
We will need you to:
- Perform all aspects of church finances, budgets, and AP
- Assist in analyzing processes to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and identify operational efficiencies
- Assist in developing training resources and tools to support staff members across the organization in their ministry roles
- Be comfortable using multiple technologies to make processes easier and more efficient
It would be crazy if:
- You have experience with QuickBooks and other accounting software
- You love sunny, warm beach weather
- You love making numbers behave
- You have an Abacus
If you are saying to yourself, “that’s me,” then read on and apply.
Position Title: Accountant
FLSA: Full-Time Exempt
Reports To: Executive Pastor, Lee Holley
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: We offer excellent Health, Dental, Vision plans
Responsible for the financial systems at Calvary Port St. Lucie. The position includes the organization and management of all financial information, establishing appropriate systems for inputting, reporting, budgeting, staff training and controlling financial purchasing, spending, and tracking and AP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management of accounts payable invoices and payments
- Reconciliation of monthly accounts
- Create monthly budget reports
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist in managing cash flow and projections
- Create systems and controls for all spending - budgeted and non-budgeted
- Prepare data for annual reviews or audits
- Assist in developing and implementing long-range financial planning
- Provide training for staff as needed in reading and interpreting financial statements and expense vs. budget reports
- Assist in developing financial policies and procedures
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years of church or Christian "faith-based" non-profit accounting and bookkeeping experience
- Experience in QuickBooks
- Excellent proficiency in Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
The ability to exert light physical effort in a sedentary to light work environment that requires sitting, standing, pushing and pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds), walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and to see information in print and electronically.
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER specific to this job opportunity will be considered.
The cover letter must be personalized for this position and should answer two questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What qualifies you for this position?