The role of the Connections Pastor is to oversee the connection and spiritual growth strategy of Calvary PSL under the direction and leadership of the Executive Pastor of Ministries. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Calvary PSL and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The Connections Pastor will lead guests to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Calvary PSL by meeting people where they are and leading them to next steps. The Connections Pastor will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults through weekend guest services, Calvary Groups, and assimilation of new members.
The Connections Pastor will be responsible for the following:
1. Oversight and Execution of First Impressions: Responsible for creating environments that welcome new guests and provides next steps toward connection and spiritual growth.
- Leading, equipping and empowering guest service volunteers (ushers/greeters/hospitality/parking) in providing inviting first impressions.
- Providing volunteer team with current guest services best practices from innovative customer service focused organizations.
- Ensuring the Next Steps area, signage and other key areas are clear, current, and focused on new people.
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that visitors are plugged into Calvary PSL.
2. Oversight and Execution of Calvary Groups: Works with key staff members and volunteer leaders to construct practical on-ramps and systems to help people move from visiting to belonging and growing:
- Developing a systematic and effective effort to connect people in groups (sign-up areas, stories, promotions, website, etc.)
- Overseeing information and tracking of group participants and leaders.
- Implementing a leadership development strategy to identify, recruit, train, develop and coach group leaders.
- Developing a strategy for groups around sermon-based and topic-based curriculum.
- Implementing ongoing outreach and community care through groups.
3. Facilitate Connections to Calvary Serve Teams: The Connections Pastor works with the Volunteer Coordinator to help lead people in discovering their God-given shape and helps them plug into a ministry by:
- Creating an environment and system that is conducive for plugging new people into ministry.
- Working with ministry team leaders to recruit, train and empower volunteer team members.
- Championing the leadership development strategy for volunteers
- Providing centralized efforts for training leaders
- Communicating clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Producing videos, verbal announcements, website information, etc. about serving at Calvary PSL.
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to ministry partners.
- Coordinating with ministry leaders to measure and monitor volunteer connections.
4. Oversight and Execution of Calvary PSL’s Discover Calvary class: The Connections Pastor connects new attendees with the mission and vision of Calvary PSL, and helps them discover their unique purpose, providing next steps in becoming a fully devoted follower of Christ:
- Overseeing the church orientation class.
- Creating a system for introducing people to next steps, and getting them plugged in right away.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Exceptional speaking/teaching abilities a plus
- Administrative/organizational abilities required
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Ministry related degree preferred
- 3 years of ministry experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required
- 40-45 hour work week