Graphics and Communications
The Graphics & Communications person creatively engages the church, school, and community with graphics and communications that support the organization’s mission, values, and strategy. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits.
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of experience and/or training
- Must possess a strong understanding of graphic design principles, methods and practices, pre and post-production preparation, layout and design
- Ability to work with both print and digital design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar software
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Understanding of and passion for technology, social media, and the internet
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing or competing priorities; able to manage multiple demands; open-minded, and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally; driven to succeed and have a “can-do” attitude
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Basic knowledge of photography
- A growing relationship with Christ
- Must be committed to Connecting, Growing, and Investing as a core member of Calvary PSL
- Serve as the church’s brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the church’s brand is portrayed in all communications
- Work with the church’s Pastors, Department Heads, and Facilities Director to ensure all signage throughout the campus communicates effectively within the brand framework
- Develop the church’s marketing and communications plan that will attract new people into our communications channels, deepen their engagement, and strategically bring them into the life of the church
- Create a system of quality control for all the communication the church produces, from web copy to emails to printed products
- Take ultimate responsibility for all pieces of church content, including print, email, social media, web, mobile app, etc. Ensure every piece of content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the church’s brand framework
- Design and develop all types of digital and print media including marketing materials, signage, banners, social media, brochures, flyers, sermon backgrounds, etc.
- Provide creative support and collaboration to all ministry areas
- Work with local media outlets to share the stories about how our church is impacting the community.
- Create and maintain a church-wide social media strategy that supports the church’s mission (Making disciples) and strategy (Connect, Grow, Invest)
- Respond to questions and concerns posted to church social media accounts, or delegate to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Work with various church ministries to develop specific social media strategies that fit within the church’s overall branding and social media strategy
- Create and deliver clear and creative mass communications
- Work with local media outlets to share stories about how our church is impacting the community
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Pastor of Ministry
*Applications without a portfolio of graphic design work will not be considered. Please send your file or link to email@example.com.